Installation includes a guarantee on all outside equipment including radio and wiring. All parts and labor for outside equipment are included for life of service. There is NO equipment lease, nor do you have to purchase any of the outside equipment. Indoor router not included. One-Year contracts for residential customers are standard. All Business Plans are Two-Year contract only.
Installation is $200 for all Home Plans, $300 for Business Plans I-II, $400 for Business Plan III. All installation costs include a guarantee on all SCS equipment outside of premise.
There are no data caps for any of our plans, but please be aware of our Fair Access Policy.
*Download speeds stated are an average given as a minimum and maximum range. SCS strives to provide the maximum speed of each plan.
All business plans have 24/7 voice support and free onsite calls. All home plans have 8 AM to 5 PM live support Monday through Friday. All of the network is monitored 24/7.
Dedicated Business Plans are services where additional equipment is deployed to give a direct, unshared path to our fiber connection points.
The Installation Fee includes:
- No-lease wireless radio and antenna
- Basic mounting hardware
- Lightning surge protection
- Up to 30 feet of shielded CAT5e cable
- Pole and mount hardware if required
- Installation Labor (hardware mounting, cable run, etc.)
- Programming of broadband router (Programming is included in installation cost only if the router is purchased from SCS Broadband. A router supplied by the customer will be programmed at a $10 fee.)**
- Basic usage training
- Wireless Router: We provide a router for $65. Sales tax on the router is assessed at 5.3%.
- Surge Protector: Keep your equipment safe! ($15.00)
- Mounting Hardware: Based on application.
- Extra Cable: $1.00 per foot.
- Yard Mounting Pole: $50.00
- Ditching: Assessed on site (per foot).
Service calls are $80 a visit for residential plans. Business plans have included 24/7 support and there is no service call fee.
There is a $200 early disconnection fee on One-Year & Two-Year Contracts. The customer has 30 days from the installation date within which they may receive a full refund if they wish to discontinue service. Outside the 30 day period there are no refunds.
The installation charge covers most of the labor and non-returnable parts, such as wiring and socket drops. All outside equipment, including poles, surges, radios, and antennas belong to SCS, and SCS is responsible for replacing such equipment in any failure that is not customer error, including lightning. The customer buys the required router at installation as SCS can not verify that routers are surge protected and cannot be responsible for such equipment.
Wireless networks can become negatively affected by several environmental changes. These include, but are not limited to: portable phones, baby monitors, wireless devices such as headphones and speaker systems, and foliage growth. SCS is responsible for trying to resolve foliage growth issues at no charge up to 90 days after installation. We will make our best effort to resolve other environmental interference, but may charge a nominal fee when the interference is caused by a customer’s new device.
There is no charge for collecting equipment when a disconnect is requested. The customer is responsible for the cost of the equipment if the equipment is not returned in working condition.
* Some Enhanced Plan installations do not require router programming. Ask your technician when he arrives for the installation.