Many authors often focus solely on the content creation process and fail to think of ways to market and sell their un curso de milagros. The thought process of marketing a book should commence as soon as a book idea is conceived so that you are ready to tap on opportunities when they present themselves.
Do not think of bookstores as the one and only channel that you can sell your book because it is often the most competitive channel. In fact, many bestselling authors are not publicly known because they have found their own direct channels to sell their books to their target readers.
Below are some suggestions on how you can increase your book sales.
1. Find marketing partners. These could be organizations, associations or companies whose members will have an interest in your book. Strike a win-win partnership with them so that your book can be promoted to their members either on their website, email, mailer insert etc. Give them an irresistible offer when they place bulk orders.
2. Take pre-orders for your book at a special discounted price. You can create an order form containing synopsis of the book, sample writing, book cover design etc and send it out to people in your database.
3. Conduct talks and seminars whereby you can sell your books to your target readers or include the book as part of a package.
4. Send your book accompanied with an introduction letter to people who have influence and are likely to share about your book.
5. Seek exposure through media, both online and offline. If no one is aware of the existence of your book, no one will buy it. Book reviews and author interviews are useful ways to get the word out. You can also contribute articles to the media but remember to include your book title in the credit line.
6. Get yourself invited to present and speak at other people’s seminar.
7. Create a website or blog to share with readers on the progress of the book and to interact with your readers when the book is out. Remember to include the blog address in your book. You can also offer a sample chapter for download.